Click here to view and download the Class of 2022 Baccalaureate Program
Tuesday May 10, 2022
Congratulations to the Class of 2022!
We invite all of our graduating seniors to join us for the Baccalaureate Ceremony in celebration of your class. Baccalaureate is the annual ceremony during Commencement Season that brings together graduates from all four undergraduate schools to reflect on your season at Penn and celebrate together as a Senior Class.
Baccalaureate Dress Code:
- Speakers & Performers: wear gown & hood (no cap)
- Seniors attending the ceremony: gown & hood optional
This year’s ceremony will include:
- Remarks from Interim President Wendell Pritchett & University Chaplain Chaz Howard.
- A Baccalaureate student address from Class of 2022 President Sam Strickberger
- Readings from spiritual traditions by Penn student leaders
- Student Performances including:
- Penn Student Ensemble
- Glee Club
- Penn Lions
- Penn Band
This year our guest speaker will be Professor Dorothy Roberts.
Professor Roberts is the George A. Weiss Professor of Law & Sociology, the Raymond Pace & Sadie Tanner Mossell Alexander Professor of Civil Rights, and Professor of Africana Studies. She is also the founding Director of the Program on Race, Science and Society.
With appointments in Penn Law and the School of Arts & Sciences, Professor Roberts works at the intersection of law, social justice, science, and health.