We all know that the coronavirus pandemic has made it more challenging than ever to connect with friends and build community. This summer many of our student organizations are creating community by gathering virtually for special events and regular meetings.
Events below are listed alphabetically by religious tradition and then by group name. This events list is not exhaustive but will be updated as often as possible. You can also reach out to specific groups to find out if they are hosting virtual events.
If your group is running summer events that you would like listed here please email us the info!
- Wednesday Evenings (mostly undergrad) on Zoom:
- 6:30 – Book Discussion (starting new TBD book July 1)
- 7:00 – Check in time
- 7:25 – Online Games
- Thursdays – Grad Book Group from 5-6pm on Zoom; reading Marcus Borg’s The Heart of Christianity
- Contact Megan LeCluyse for information
- Weekly prayer on Mondays 6-7pm EDT
- Ruth study on Wednesdays 5-6pm EDT.
- Contact Catherine Parr to get connected
Young Life at Penn
- Virtual Skeptics Dinners
- Young Life at Penn is seeking to engage students who are skeptical about faith in general – whether their own faith tradition or religious worldviews in general. Our zoom call is a conversation around different topics chosen by students
- 2nd Wednesdays
- Contact Theron Huff for link
- Interfaith Reflections – A weekly reflective space in the style of traditional Quaker worship
- Thursdays, 5pm
- Please email Sarah Beth Gleeson for more information
- Tuesday, 6/30, time TBD: a women’s shiur by Bruchie Dubiner on Eishet Chayil
- Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org for information
Penn Conversations – A New Penn Hillel Series
- Discussions between Penn professors, alumni, and students
- Conversations will touch on the COVID-19 Pandemic, racial injustice, and the speakers’ expertise
- Sessions will be livestreamed on the Penn Hillel Facebook
Upcoming Events in the series:
Monday June 29th @7pm
- Prof. Reyhan Durmaz on Religion & Technology in a COVID World
Tuesday June 30th @ 2pm
- Dr. Howard Stevenson on Race & Education in the US
- Weekly events starting June 1:
- To receive log in information for any of the sessions or for any questions email Chaplain Patty at email@example.com
- All sessions are held on Zoom and are interactive, private spaces.
- Sundays 1pm ET – Contemplative Writing
- Mondays 6pm ET – Classical Arabic for Beginners
- Tuesdays 6pm ET – Study of Short Chapters of Qur’an
- Thursdays 6pm ET Knowing Yourself, readings from Imam Al-Ghazali
- Fridays 1:30pm ET It Would Have Been a Khutbah Speaker Series